ABOUT THE ANIMAL LAW SECTION
We're passionate about promoting the study and understanding of laws, regulations, and court decisions involving animals.
Interested in becoming a member? Want to learn more about the benefits of membership and how you can find ways to help animals?
MESSAGE FROM OUR CHAIR
It is my honor to serve as Chair of the Florida Bar’s Animal Law Section (ALS). As an environmental lawyer, engineer, outdoor enthusiast and son of a veterinarian, my personal and professional life has been enriched by the presence of animals, both wild and domestic. I have lived in nearly every section of this great state, from the beaches of south Florida, to the emerald green waters of the panhandle, and experienced the broad range of habitats supporting unique and interdependent animal species not found anywhere else in the world.
We're proud of the work our members are doing including:
- Prohibition of shark finning
- Prohibition of greyhound racing
- National attention on puppy mills & big cat ownership
- Expanded use of therapy dogs in courtrooms
- Increasing penalties for crimes committed against police, fire, or search & rescue dogs